Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Final Entry: Reflection

After reading all of my blogs over the course of the semester, I've honestly learned a lot. I've learned the different cultural perspectives on folk and fairy tales. Culture plays a big role in determining the origins of fairy tales and how they've changed over the course of centuries. From Kenyan tales, Arabian, Jewish, Native American, etc., we know that there are different ways for a story to be interpreted. The language, the way they are composed, and the lessons are the most important part of analyzing a story and its parts. The most interesting part of learning about all of these tales/stories is that they all included some important motifs & archetypes and they all eventually appear in other stories. They all reflect each other and send similar messages to readers, but they're written in different ways to incorporate culture. 

I also think the most interesting part about the importance of fairy tales is the psychoanalytical factors. We can conclude that fairy tales are just collective images in our subconscious that we piece a story together with. We can use our beliefs from what we read and turn our dreams into reality. I don't really think there was anything challenging throughout the semester. As long as you kept up with reading and classwork, everything was self explanatory. I felt like I spent enough time everyday thoroughly reading through each story to expand my knowledge of fairy tales as a whole. I honestly don't think there were any stories that I didn't learn anything from. Even if I didn't like the story or its message, I still learned from it. All of the material was a part of a larger understanding of what folk and fairy tales are and I really enjoyed the class. I would recommend this class to anyone interested in expanding their knowledge on the books and movies they encounter when they're young. It's fun to learn and find the origin of the stories we read as children come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment